The Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto will be offering the Undergraduate Toronto Research Experience (UTRECS) program for 2012-2013.
UTRECS is a computer science program which pays students to work with one of our professors on a cutting-edge research project. UTRECS is a program intended for non-University of Toronto undergraduate students.
See information about the 2013 program HERE.
- You must apply and be selected to participate in the research program
- Duration of the program: 16 consecutive weeks (typically mid May – end of August)
- Support: UTRECS students will be paid a stipend of $6,000 (additional funding to cover travel and housing expenses is available for qualified students)
- The deadline for applying: January 25, 2013
Research Areas in which UTRECS projects may be carried out:
See a listing of past summer research projects here.
- Be in their 2nd year of undergraduate study or higher
- Have a cumulative average of at least B- from a Canadian University
- Be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
Submit the following forms by e-mail email@example.com by January 25, 2013:
- Student application form.
- Statement of previous research experience and why you are interested in participating in our UTRECS program.
- Scanned copy of your most current official transcript.
- Ranked list of at most 5 research areas in which you would like to do your UTRECS project. (We will do our best to match you with a professor in one of those groups.)
Send an e-mail to us firstname.lastname@example.org.