News & Events
- 'Immense energy and passion': Innovative U of T faculty recognized with Early Career Teaching Awards
"What I like to tell my students is: Computer science is really the study of how you go from being just the user of technology to creators of technology," says award recipient David Liu, an assistant professor, teaching stream.
- How one U of T alumnus went from slinging drinks in undergrad to Geoffrey Hinton's AI lab
Nick Frosst, a researcher at Google Brain in downtown Toronto, didn’t require a master’s degree or PhD to launch a career in artificial intelligence research – all he needed was a chance meeting at a bar in Koreatown.
- Using computer science methods to discover how people learn
Assistant Professor Joseph Jay Williams investigates how people learn by explaining 'why?', as well as applying statistics and machine learning to modeling how people think.
READ MORE NEWS
- H2i's Pitch Perfect Competition: Oct 22
Calling all students, fund your health innovation by applying to H2i’s Pitch Perfect Competition! Candidates must apply online and at least one member of the team must be a current U of T student.
- Konrad Group Digital Innovation and Women in Technology Scholarships
Konrad Group is offering two $2,000 scholarships to third and fourth year Computer Science students. Deadline to apply is October 22, 2018.
- Manning Innovation Symposium & Pitch Competition: Oct 23
The 2018 Symposium will take place in ONRamp and highlight the 2018 Manning Innovation Award winners as well as three emerging innovators from the University of Toronto.
- Toronto User Experience (TUX) Talk: Oct 23
A series of talks presented by an exciting mix of legends of the field, and young researchers delivering groundbreaking research.
- FIND MORE EVENTS