The final Grad Research Skills Seminar of the Spring will be a panel of DCS PhD alumni who now hold a variety of jobs in academia and industry. We have 4 confirmed panelists:
- Melanie Baljko, Associate professor, York University.
- Darius Braziunas, Senior researcher, Big data group, Kobo
- Fei Chiang, Assistant professor, McMaster University.
- Phillipa Gill, Postdoc at CitizenLab in the Munk School and soon to be Assistant professor at SUNY Stony Brook.
Our panelists will present some brief remarks on what they wish they had known when they were graduate students:
- With the 20-20 lens of hindsight, what did they do right (or wrong) as students?
- Where did they spend too much time, and what did they miss out on?
And then we'll open up the panel for questions from the audience. Come and learn from their wisdom and join the discussion!