The ECE Department and Centre for Power and Information (CPI) at the University of Toronto are hosting a CPI Research Showcase on April 18, 2016 in the Sanford Fleming Building (10 King’s College Road), Room 1105. The Showcase plans to be an interesting, stress-free and fun-filled day, with talks, demos and posters. Refreshments and lunch will be served.
One main objective of the event is to bring together people from the broad University community as well as local industry to open a dialogue on topics related to “smart infrastructure” and energy systems. We hope that this showcase helps to both inspire existing work and encourage future opportunities.
- Professor Ben Liang on Stochastic Optimization of Renewable Integrated Power Grids
- Professor Josh Taylor on Representing Storage and Demand Response in Power System Operations
- Professor Steve Mann on Grasping Gravity Waves with the Gravlet Transform: Unlocking the Secrets of Nature with the SWIM (Sequential Wave Imprinting Machine)
- Professor Zeb Tate on Sustainability and the Smart Grid
- Professor Deepa Kundur on Cyber-Physical Security of Energy Infrastructure
- EV Power Train Demo by Professor Peter Lehn
- SWIM Demo by Professor Steve Mann
- There will also be Research Posters from several research groups.
We open a broad invitation to the UofT community and hope to see many of you at this event. Attendance requires online registration.
For more information, please contact Electrical & Computer Engineering Professor Deepa Kundur (firstname.lastname@example.org).