John Mylopoulos recently received the Peter P. Chen award for his contributions to the field of conceptual
modeling. The criteria for the award includes the following categories:
- Research: how well the nominee has helped advance the field of
modeling with his/her intellectual contributions.
- Service: participation in the organization of
conceptual-modeling-related meetings and conferences and participation
editorial boards of conceptual-modeling-related journals.
- Education: how effectively the nominee has mentored
doctoral students in conceptual modeling and produced researchers from
labs and also helped mentor other young people in the field.
- Contribution to practice: the extent to which the nominee has
to technology transfer, commercialization, and industrial projects.
- International reputation: the extent to which the nominee's work is
visible to and has diffused into the international community.
For further information, please see the International Conference on Conceptual Modeling